Yesterday, new jailbreak software has been realease by Geohot. It's greaest new for every iPhone 3GS user.
You must jailbreak under WindowsXP 32bit or Windows 7 x86. It will not work under 64bit O/S or Vista
RC2 : The jailebreak software is working under XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32bit, 64bit, and Internation)
RC2 : Sign issues were resolved. and now support VM_MEM kernnel fixing.
Please make your iPhone (step 2) before jailbreak to avoid some extra troube
When restore at DFU mode, remove your simcard to easy unlock.
- Vista, Windows 7, International, 64-bit support
- Less flakiness in the payload
- Cydia tar cleaned up
- Improved logging with slightly more useful errors
- New kernel patches, codesign errors gone. Props posixninja
- Added vm_map +x, passed vm_check
- No winterboard yet, but now that ball is in Saurik's court :-)
Step 1. dowload purplera1n_rc2.zip
Step 2. prepare you iPhone 3GS as an clean status
- Remove your simcard
- Restore in DFU mode
Step 3. Activation using iTunes
- After restore, insert SIM card to activate with iTunes.
Step 4. Run purplera1n.exe
- Just click a button
Step 5. Install Cydia
- Setup WIFI if you needed or possible. It will be faster than 3G
- You can find "Freeze" in 2nd page
- Run "Freeze" and touch "Install Cydia", it will install Cydia
Step 6. Unlock using ultrasn0w
- You can unlock using ultrasn0w from Cydia
Good Luck !!!